Monday, August 1, 2016

"It's the final countdown..."

Hello my people! 

Just so you know, I haven't counted the days at all actually. But I can always trust in my wonderful companion to tell it to people when they ask. haha. 

Missionary life is the best. I am going to miss it so much. People keep asking "are you excited to go home?" and I say no. Not because I am not excited to see my family (I am super excited to see everyone) but because I have met a lot of amazing people here in Florida and am going to be sad that I can't see them anymore. I know there is facebook and facetime but its not the same as in person. I have been able to fix so many weaknesses of mine and bear my testimony every day. I also haven't had to face the world- the news, the media, the negativity, while being a missionary. Not that its gone but I've been able to ignore it or use the excuse "we don't watch TV because we're missionaries". I have grown spiritually. Now I actually do squint at the sound of shouting or cussing. Before the mission I was accustomed to hearing it. Now I feel coldness when someone does that- the spirit just goes away so quickly. I have been blessed to learn from church leaders out here of the what's and what-not-to-do's in a calling. Same thing with families and parenting- the do's and don't's. Wow, if I could just list all that I've learned we'd be here for days. I did write down 100 things I've learned which I'll share later with family. 

Anyways, let me give you an update!
Will and Tequila are doing fantastic. In fact, they GOT MARRIED yesterday!!!!!! I'll send pics later. (No pics this week because I want you all to look forward to seeing me!) But yes, they still want to get baptized and will be right after I leave. Sad I am missing it...could I stay 2 weeks longer? ;) But that is what the Lord wants and I will get to see pictures later. 

Marcos is doing alright. We may give him to Spanish sisters because some things are getting lost in translation. Sister Nasman and I started up a Book of Mormon class this week and it was a success! We had 4 investigators there, 1 recent convert, and 4 returning members there!!!! We explained what the Book of Mormon is- that its another testament of Jesus Christ from people and prophets that lived in the Americas at the same time as the bible- and went through the pictures and introduction. He came to that and it really helped. Group settings are some times really good for people. 

We have a few others we are teaching like Emily and Celeste who are progressing but we only see them once a week because of distance and busy schedule. They'll be baptized someday. 

Well, I am not sure what missionaries usually put in their last email home...my testimony is that Jesus Christ lives, his church is on the Earth today organized exactly the same way He had it when he was in Jerusalem. I know that the priesthood, the power and authority of God is used in the church today. We can only live with God again if we have faith, repent continually, are baptized by the proper authority- the priesthood authority, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. But if we do these things now, we will know our purpose and have so much happiness. I love my family, I am grateful for their example. I know God is our Heavenly Father and loves us so much. I know why I am here and God's plan for me. Please share your testimony with others, don't keep it hidden. If you want to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints go to mormon.org or lds.org

Thank you for the love and letters-emails I have received throughout these past 18 months. 

Love, 
Sister Morgan

And one more quote for the day:

"Does the Lord really need to get a twitter account before we will follow him?"- Sister McArthur


Rain!!! 

Sammie, Will, Tequila, Sister Nasman, Me, Sister Nelson, Brother Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment