Monday, January 11, 2016

I skipped the 'formula' and went straight to the 'T-bone'!

Hello,

This will be a short email, but I sent a few videos this week.

That quote is from Peggy, talking about learning about the Gospel, I love her. Yesterday we were privileged to go with her to receive her patriarchal blessing. I am so proud of her. If you don't know what that is, its a special blessing given to someone from God, speaking through the patriarch. It can include blessings, cautions, and admonitions. It was an amazing experience and made me reflect on my own patriarchal blessing. I would encourage those who have theirs to read it this week. It means different things at different points in our lives. I know they are straight from Heavenly Father. 

I will share a short experience from this week.
It was time to switch up where we tracted because we weren't getting anywhere. So we thought it would be fun to go knock the mansions on the bay, because why not? After knocking a few we were discouraged because no one was home (it was the middle of the day) and we had to trek up huge staircases to get to the front doors. In between the houses we could see the beautiful ocean and we wished we could go swimming but we kept on going, being diligent. We knocked on a gorgeous home with a few Christmas lights on it.  A 16 year old girl named Stephanie answered the door. We prayed with her and talked about eternal families and she invited us back. Now we have taught her three lessons and she has committed to being baptized. The first lesson we taught Plan of Salvation because her mom passed away a few years ago. It brought her a lot of peace and comfort to know she will see her mom again. The next time we taught the restoration. She has read the pamphlet we gave her and had questions. We answered them as we taught and invited her to be baptized at the end. She said that that is what she had been waiting for. Then she proceeded to tell us that a few nights before we originally knocked on her door, she had been praying for more peace in her life. Then we knocked on her door and she knew that Heavenly Father sent us to her. It made me want to cry, I was so happy. I had also been praying that we would finally meet someone who was solid, with a true desire to be baptized. Sister Judkins and I have been teaching a ton of people, but no one has been sticking because they get sick or move or just fall off the radar. I have a strong testimony that God answers prayers, that he is listening, and knows each of our situations. He wants us to be happy NOW and in eternity. I know that he has guided us this week to many people who are prepared or being prepared. 

I am grateful to be a missionary. I know that we are happiest when we are working hard, shining our light to others, and bringing people closer to Jesus Christ. 

Love you all,

Sister Morgan
Sister Judkins and I manning a stand at a Lau Festival
It is raining very hard!

Us and Peggy going to receive her Patriarchal Blessing     

 























       





Sister KJ Morgan - St. Petersburg, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment