Monday, January 25, 2016

365 days in a year...and my mission!

Dear family and friends,

Yes, I have officially been on my mission one year! Isn't that crazy? I feel like I just went into the MTC a few months ago...eating Olive Garden and not thinking about the big commitment I was about to make. But I am so glad that I did! Every day is hard but worth it. I really needed the mission because my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ was not strong. I had one, but I wasn't confident in it. I still am not the most confident person- I try to testify of Jesus Christ everyday but I am not one who wants to go out crying repentance on rooftops or anything like that. I am grateful for the ability to explain what I believe to others. I couldn't do that before. I am better at recognizing blessings in my life that has come from keeping the commandments and doing the basics. I love the Book of Mormon now and at the beginning of my mission I couldn't say that. I feel the Spirit in my life, directing me and I know that if I pray and ask God a question, he will eventually answer it according to His time and His will. A mission isn't the best two years OF your life, its the best two years FOR your life. I know that is true. 

On to my investigators.  Stephanie. She is so awesome. She came to the Relief Society activity on Tuesday. We learned how to make laundry detergent and received education on couponing. I am not a great coupon-er so it was cool to learn how to save money and the different websites I will most definitely be visiting when I get home to find good deals with coupons. Then she came to Young Women's on Wednesday and it was perfect because they were doing New Beginnings. That's where they introduce the Personal Progress program and how the girls ages 12-18 can strengthen their testimony of the Gospel and their individual worth. Stephanie is excited to start it- she chose to work on Choice and Accountability. We had a lesson with her on Thursday and Sister West came with her daughter. I love the Wests, they are hilarious and kind. They are taking Stephanie right in. She came to church yesterday!!!!! So happy. We got a photo with her but my ipad is being dumb and not sending any pictures... she loved church! 

For my year mark we went to Red Lobster because my wonderful parents got me a gift card there! :) It was yummy- I got coconut shrimp! Just to make you all jealous, especially Allison. ;) 

This week has been more difficult with the weather being cold. I think I was sent to Florida because I am not sure if I would have the motivation to go outside everyday with it being so cold. I am wearing my jackets and scarves and luckily I brought one pair of gloves! People thought I was crazy for taking them to Florida but now I am the one laughing. It is freezing. Not sure how I'll survive in Oregon after the mission... :(

Peggy finally got her hip surgery done this last week so we visited her in the St. Anthony's hospital on Tuesday. I love her, she's the best! 

We had a world-wide missionary zone conference on Wednesday. The missionary department leaders spoke to us and some of the apostles, along with Sister Oscarson. It was good- they went over the fundamentals we learn when we do our 12 week training as new missionaries. I received action items to change from it, including reading the Book of Mormon more with investigators because it is the central source of lasting conversion in people. I know the book is true and that every word is inspired by God. 

This long email made up for my short one last week. I am trying to send pictures but its not working so maybe not this week, I'll keep trying though. I love my family and miss them a ton but I only have so much more time to be a full-time missionary! The Lord is hastening His work, please invite those around you to come to church or over for a family home evening night. 

Love you all,

Sister Morgan

Young Women's group on Sunday and Stephanie came too!

Stephanie and us after YW.

Taylor and us after YW

Cold!


 Much more sun today!


Study time!  Love my companion, Sister Judkins!


My Sisters that came out with me. A picture for our year mark!


Red Lobster for my year mark celebration!

Delicious!





Visiting Peggy in the hospital after hip surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment