Monday, January 4, 2016

New Years Resolutions!

Hello everyone,

I bet everyone has something they want to do different this year. As I was trying to think of something I could do now, on a mission, and continue to do when I am home, I had a few ideas. So I am going to tell you all because then I am accountable to it. I want to: finish the Book of Mormon and re-read it (I am currently in 3 Nephi), exercise every day (except Sunday of course), and I want to start writing more in cursive. The last one seems random, I know, but I hate that it's almost a lost art now with them not teaching it in school. I have not-so-good cursive so this is my chance to improve! 

Sorry, not much time this week.

When you are a missionary, you don't do much for New Years Eve...I think we store contacted in the evening because St. Pete is pretty sketchy at night in general, and then we were in bed by 10. Whoop!

We've been busy. We set a goal to teach 7 lessons a day and we were able to meet it Tuesday-Saturday!!!! I taught more lessons this week than I have my whole mission. We saw a lot of miracles from it too. Many people were prepared. Sad thing is that most of them had someone pass away recently and were so thankful for a prayer. There were nights when we needed two more lessons and God just placed people in front of us. 

Transfers have changed a little. We don't find out until Mon nights now (aka tonight) and we leave Tues morning (tomorrow). So I might be transferred, not sure. I've been here since September so its a big possibility. I love Sister Judkins and don't want to leave her. :( The members here are great too and truly care about us. I'll miss Peggy especially if I leave. 

There are a lot of changes that are going to happen this year in the church. The work is hastening, the gospel is going to all the world. I am grateful to be a missionary at this time. I hate change, but I have been learning how to deal with it out here. No growth in a comfort zone, no comfort in a growth zone. No truer statement. Love you all. Stay safe. "O be wise, what can I say more?" 

Love,
Sister Morgan

Sis J and I

 St. Pete zone!

Group mission pic from the Christmas beach party! 

 Look what I found!!!!! Oregon!

Just one of me actually looking nice and not smiling with my mouth open :)

alligator- mom and babies! 


Cute library mailbox! You can come and borrow books and bring it back. We knocked on their door and a sweet woman named Lucy answered and we prayed with her and taught her. :) 

 



It was raining last night!



My crazy district, the best district I've had on my mission! 

No comments:

Post a Comment