Monday, February 15, 2016

"God's Love" Day!

Hello everyone,

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, as you all know. But to us missionaries, it was sharing God's love day! Heavenly Father knows and loves each one of us. He may not always love the choices we make (we have the wonderful gift of agency, to choose for ourselves) but he will always love us and our spirit, because we are His children! 

Some highlights from this week: 

Donika- she is awesome, we taught her a few times but she was out of town a lot. We are going to have to push her baptismal date, but her desire is strong to change and become only dependent on God.

On Tuesday, we had a service opportunity. If you know me, I love service projects! We went to Day Star Care Center in downtown St. Pete. Its a place for those who are homeless or in transition can go and get legal documents to apply for jobs, a few days of food, and of toiletries. Its really cool. We bagged cans and assorted for for them to get ready for a pick-up order. I just love hands-on service. Can I find a career that I can get paid to do that? If so, please let me know. ;)

We definitely did a lot of tracting this week. Said many prayers but didn't find too many people who were ready for a change in their lives. All we can do is invite and testify of Jesus Christ, and leave the rest to God. 

Miracle of the week: We went tracting Thursday night, took out a young woman with us from church, and had a lesson later that evening. That night we couldn't find the phone before we went to bed. We said we'd look in the car in the morning. It wasn't there. We were freaking out a little at this point but we were praying and knew Heavenly Father would help us find it. During my personal prayer, I asked where it was and the thought that came to my mind was that it was on the ground by where were parked our car to go tracting. I thought that was strange and that it would be a miracle if it was there. After checking multiple areas for it, we went to check that spot and as I was driving by slowly, there it was! On the grass! We said a prayer of gratitude and now I learned to follow promptings first, even if they seem ridiculous. 

Anyways, this email is getting long. Love you all, will send more pictures if you aren't sick of them yet. :)

Love,
Sister Morgan
 Donika, Komar, and I

Stephanie and I 

 Service at the Day Star Care Center
Sister Judkins and I bagging food

Elder Brau, McEwen, Kitty, me, and Sis J

 I love my district,
  
I am going to miss them!!!!

Sister Judkins and I, Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment