Monday, March 7, 2016

Quick Week!

Hello everybody,

This week went by super fast and I don't even remember what I did this week! Good thing I have my handy dandy journal with me to remind me...

My advice for this week: Eat breakfast, it is the most important meal of the day!

I sent a few pictures and videos this week and that basically sums up the week. We tried different finding activities this week so we aren't just tracting because that's no fun and not the most productive during the day. 

Monday:  For p-day, we went to Sister Gormans again but this time we painted with water colors instead of oils. Well, actually, we didn't get to the paint yet we just used the color pencils first. Sis J and I got really excited about this so afterwards we both picked out pics of a temple (I did Portland of course) and we are starting to draw and color that! I really like art, I never knew that before. 

That night all our lessons cancelled and we had a young woman out with us, Pua, so we tried a few different people and ended the night with a Sonic shake and tater tots. 

Tuesday: We had a lesson with Stephanie finally. We haven't been able to teach her anything since her baptism because she is too busy or cancels. She is keeping all her commitments except coming to church and mutual so everyone at church thinks that we lost her :( She just got a job too on top of it! It has been hard on Sis J and I but we have faith that she will learn how to make church her first priority. 

Wednesday: Busy day. Don't really remember it except that we had a few lessons, Book of Mormon class, and Young Woman's. 

Thursday: We finished Peggy's lessons so we watched the first half of the Joseph Smith movie. I love her so much, she's such a trooper. 

That night we went to an investigator's son's little league baseball game! It was the cutest thing to see little 5 and 6 year olds running around, trying the get the ball. It was a great finding activity because we talked with other moms there. We are going to her other sons baseball game tonight. 

Friday: We had a day full of lessons and all were cancelled...the biggest test for us this transfer is dealing with flaky people. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but one thing I think I am good at is being dependable. You can count on me being somewhere if I committed to it. Here, the people are not like that. Its sad. So we ended up going to a few different parks, Woodlawn, Sawgrass, Cresent Lake, and another one I don't remember. We chalked the walk that night after going to the Dairy Inn for Sister Judkin's year mark celebration (and Sister Vanderhoff's birthday. :)). 

Saturday: We did service for an investigator, cleaning her garage. She was sick and didn't want us to come but we showed up anyways and told her to sleep while we organized things for her. She was hesitant at first but sent us a beautiful text afterwards thanking us for our kindness and that no one has ever done that for her before. It was really sweet and we felt so good. I know service is the key to finding happiness. 

We had dinner with a less active and she made us yummy chicken and rice, Puerto Rican style. And homemade cheesecake! 

Then we tracted the rest of the night and found some promising people. 

Sunday: Church. Then we street contacted by the bay and there were a ton of people! It was perfect weather so many people were laying out on the beach and walking and sitting on benches. It was a little overwhelming because my mindset is talk to everyone but there were so many people that we couldn't do that. We were able to show the old Easter video though. The new one #hallelujah comes out March 13th, mark your calendars!!!! 

Then we went out with Sister de Jong, one of our favorite people, and visited someone in the hospital. 

That's my week! I made another long one for my mama, hope you like it! Love you all, and know that I know this Gospel is true! I know it, I live it, I love it!

Love, Sister Morgan

Oh, and here are some pictures that I forgot to send last week. It was a beautiful day. I can't believe we didn't know this place existed until a little over a month ago! 
North Shore Park




There is a sting ray in this last pic if you can't see it....

Beautiful day at North Shore Park!



No comments:

Post a Comment