Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

Nothing too exciting this week, this won't be a long email. Easter was hard for me being away from family. This is my second Easter so you would think it would be easier but it's not. I love Easter as much as I love Christmas so it was hard but that's okay. 

Our ward had an Easter Egg hunt on Saturday and a little breakfast. We invited over 100 people to it but none that we invited came except for some less active members. So that was a little disappointing but we love our members here, they're great. For Easter Sunday we had a special musical number and it was "His Hands" which is just one of my favorite songs and makes me want to cry every time I hear it, so I got a little teary-eyed. :)

Of course its not Easter without dying eggs, so we colored eggs on Saturday at lunch, I only boiled 10 eggs because we definitely don't need more than that between the two of us. Then Sunday morning I surprised Sister J by hiding them while she was in the shower (just kidding, the Easter bunny hid them) and she found them all pretty fast because our apartment is spotless. (I actually love being super clean and un-cluttered now). Then I tried my cooking expertise and cooked a half ham! Yeah! It took forever to cook but I started in the morning so it could be done while we got ready and wow, it turned out great! I was super surprised. Now we have ham for the next few weeks. Yum! I'll make deviled eggs today on pday. 

We have been trying to do more member missionary work this past week. We had 3 appointments set up with members and friends or neighbors or family, it was great. That is how missionary work is suppose to be- we aren't suppose to be finding, we are suppose to be teaching!

There were many random former investigators that popped up this week, wanting to be taught again. We have been here for so long now that we haven't seen some of the people we taught in months. When life starts slowing down for people, they realize something is missing, that they want that Spirit they once felt from being taught about Jesus Christ. And that's when we come in! :)

Anyways, life is fine. Can't complain. Been busy which is soooo much better than being free. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He suffered in the garden, died on the cross, and was resurrected. He lives today and because He lives, we can be resurrected too and live with our families for eternity. I thought I knew the Gospel before I went on a mission, but I don't think I truly knew what I knew if that makes sense. I have a much better understanding now and will be able to really teach my future family how to live like Jesus Christ and to follow Him. 

I love you all,

Sister Morgan

P.S. Letters and emails would be appreciated...they are slim and far in between these days :) 

Getting ready to dye the eggs...

The dye process...

10 Easter eggs complete!
  
 Happy Easter to all!

 Our Easter ham I baked -- Yummmmm.....!

 My Easter basket in the sun!

Lookin' good Sister! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment