Monday, July 18, 2016

If the Lord is willing and the creek don't rise

Hello family and friends!

The subject is my southern phrase of the week. I hear it everywhere and finally asked someone what it means. I love serving in central Florida. There's all "Free, white, and 21" except that might be kind of racist...sorry. 

Marrissa was baptized yesterday!!!! We have to wait until next Sunday for her to be confirmed and given the gift of the Holy Ghost. So happy for her. I sent some photos. 

Other news- Sammie's oldest son and his fiance are taking the lessons and we are preparing them to be baptized. The Gospel is so great. I am so lucky to have been Sammie's missionary and I can't wait until they can become an eternal family, sealed in the temple!!!!

Yesterday in Relief Society we had a great lesson on temples and family history. If you don't know what that is, check out mormon.org or lds.org for more info. I know that temples are the closest thing to heaven on earth. You can feel closer to family there than anywhere else. I am going to be married there someday and continue to make covenants with God. Mom, you should post a picture on my blog of the Portland temple. 

I am working hard and teaching as much as I can! I am so grateful for my decision to serve a mission. It has changed everything. This is Christ's church, restored to its fullness on the Earth. I know it with all my heart because the Holy Ghost has confirmed it to me and nothing or no one can convince me otherwise. I am happy when I keep the commandments and draw close to my Savior, Jesus Christ. 

Love you all, 
Sister Morgan

I don't know if you can see it, but those two dots in the bottom left are alligators! They live in the lake by our apartment. 
 A little bit better view.
 This is definitely my coming home outfit. ;) 
A special deal at Good Will. 
 A storm is coming!
 We ate at City Star, a new restaurant in Bartow that an investigator works at. 
 This was on a door we were knocking on.
I finally got a picture of AMI- an Anna Maria Island sticker! Made me think of Aunt Margaret :)
Selfie of David, Sammie, Will, and Tequila. Sammie made us super good meatloaf on Saturday

 I had a baptism! Marrissa was baptized on Saturday!!!!! Catalyna was baptized last year. 
Their parents aren't members but their grandma and great grandma are. 
 Two more from Marrissa's baptism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment