Monday, March 30, 2015

Spring is here!

Guess what? Easter is next Sunday!!!!!!!! Everyone go watch Because He Lives, the next Easter video on youtube or helives.mormon.org it is fantastic! 

Happy Easter! I know that Jesus Christ died for us and atoned for our sins. I know that He rose on the third day and Because He Lives, so can we! We can live now and live with our Heavenly Father again someday, isn't that great? God really does love us to send His son to do this. 

I got a few cards/letters this week, it was great! Thank you to Aunt Margaret, Crystal, Adina, and Lauren! I got Lauren Wallace's wedding announcement and it is so cute. I almost started crying when I saw that she invited me to her sealing in the temple, I feel so special to be invited to such a sacred and life-changing event. I know that families can be together forever, even after death. We must live worthily though and never forget those sacred covenants we make with God. 

You know what's awesome? I buy a pineapple every week here. They are only $2! I am spoiled. A huge case of strawberries have also been only $2! I make smoothies for breakfast every morning. Yep, I am sure you are jealous. :) 

General Conference is this Saturday and Sunday. For those of you who do not know what that is, it is awesome! It will be on lds.org I believe 9am and 1pm Oregon time on Sat and Sun. If you want to know more about what Mormons believe, about prophets, what you can do to improve the quality of your life, have more love and peace, etc, watch it! Everyone should share it on facebook! I am so excited. 

I tried a few different cultures this week. I had sancocho- a Dominican soup on Monday with Susana and Mirka. It was pretty good. I also had Puerto Rican food with Zoraida- rice, pigeon peas, pork. It was good as well, I guess I am getting used to all kinds of food. The Barberenas made us brunch on Saturday and it was amazing. Omelets that were basically professionally made ;). I love that family, I am close with them. They have a 16 year old named Karol who I love. They are all just awesome. Brother Barberena always comments and says I haven't been out for only 2 months, but that I seem like I've been a missionary for forever. Makes me feel good :)

I have a great ward with a great bishop. The mission has helped me tremendously with my personal study. I get so much more out of the scriptures now and just love reading talks. I know that as we read our scriptures everyday and pray everyday, our lives will be happier and have more peace. 

Have a great Easter, remember the Savior.

Love, Sister Morgan


I love swings! Such a spring time thing to do! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment