Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Father's Day and Happy 5 Months on Mission!

Hello,

Happy Father's Day, dad! I am glad to have you in my life.

Yes, I have been out 5 months! Not sure if its flown by fast or not, I'll check next month. :)

This week our area exploded! Sister Packer and I got to work, talked to everyone we saw, and were exactly obedient. The Lord definitely blessed us. We have been knocking 40 doors a day, and even 80 one day. The weather has been 91, but "feels like 100" all week. Its been hard, I've wanted to just die just about everyday but we kept working. We had 17 lessons!!!!!!!!!! That's like more than I've had in like half my mission combined, haha. And we got 8 new investigators. I am so excited, we are definitely getting to work. 

Sister Packer is so different than Sister Vanderhoff, almost opposites so its been hard to adjust. But its been a good change for Tampa 4, we just need to get the ward more missionary-minded again. Sister Mudge has Sister Loveridge now who is from Orem, Utah and is a fantastic missionary. She only has this transfer and next transfer before she goes home so she is on fire. We are excited for our area. 

The Lord has been trusting us more I believe because we've been working hard. I have seen many miracles happening daily. We are at the right place, at the right time. There's no such thing as coincidences. 

President Cusick and Sister Cusick came to my ward yesterday- that was a little nerve-racking but it was good to see them. President just has a funny personality, he is so sarcastic. We have interviews on Wednesday. 

I am grateful for my ward mission leader, Brother Dana. He is amazing. He actually reminds me of Brad just by his personality and the way he thinks. But anyways, he is good at finding members for us to take to lessons or going himself. Its awesome. 

I am grateful to being in Christ's original church and to have the power of the priesthood- the power to act in God's name- in my life. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and I without a doubt know that Thomas S. Monson is a living prophet today. The only way to know this is to ponder, read the Book of Mormon, and to pray and ask Heavenly Father. I have been relying on Him more this week than ever and I am grateful to be serving His children here on Earth. I challenge everyone to find ways to serve those around you this week, even if it is just a smile or giving a compliment. We should always be striving to show love and charity towards one another. 

Love,

Sister Morgan

P.S. Shout out to my bestie, Tesa Williams for receiving her mission call to New York, New York South Spanish speaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So proud of you, Girl! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment