Monday, September 21, 2015

Ba...ba...ba...BAPTISM!!!!!

Dear Family,

Yes, its true! I had my first baptism!!!!

When I got to St. Pete about 3 weeks ago, there was an investigator named Peggy who was a referral from a member in the spanish branch. Sister Vanderhoff and Sister Rowland (who is now home) taught her the Restoration and the Book of Mormon and invited her to be baptized. I said we needed to meet with her everyday if she really wanted to be baptized in 3 weeks. So we did. Taught her everyday and she was accepting everything and keeping her commitments and loving every new thing we taught. She was so prepared by the Lord. She is just a doll, so cute, late 50s or early 60s I think. Has had an extremely hard life- no family and some other issues. But her commitment to follow Jesus Christ was incredible. The ward supported her and had a good show-up at her baptism. St. Pete's first baptism since May. I love her so much and can't wait until she can go to the temple!!!! 

And guess what else? My family, the Gerovac's are being baptized on Sunday! I received permission to go to it and I think I am saying the opening prayer. I love them and are so happy that they are making this huge decision in their life. Its amazing. I get little updates from Sister Packer on how they are doing and I email Paola every week. :) 

So this week has been stressful and great at the same time. You want their baptism to be perfect and make sure that they are prepared as well. I am so grateful to be a missionary here in Florida. This is the true church of Jesus Christ. Everything just makes sense. If it doesn't to you, then you haven't been studying the Book of Mormon, praying everyday to know its true, and haven't been going to church. If you put your effort in, the Lord promises he will tell you by his holy spirit that it is true. I love my Savior and I am trying to be more like him. It will take a very long time, but just like everything else in the church it takes consistent effort and endurance. 

This next week is going to be a lot of tracting and personal contacting. Sister Vanderhoff only has 3 weeks left and then leaves me. :( We are going to continue to work hard and find those who are lost and looking for the missing puzzle piece in their lives. I know that piece is the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I love you all, 

Sister Morgan

 My first Cuban sandwich and a very yummy empanada.

Peggy, Sister Vanderhoff, and I

Us with Peggy's program!!!

Sunday Surprise! This picture was sent to mom by a woman visiting Florida on a business trip. 
Peggy, Sister Vanderhoff and I at the end of Relief Society.  A fun surprise for MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment