Monday, September 7, 2015

I'm with WHO again?!

Yes, the facebook pictures are accurate! I am with sister Vanderhoff again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am serving in St. Pete (Petersburg) and loving it. She is actually going home at the end of this transfer so not only are we serving again together but I am killing (not literally) my trainer!! Its going to be a rough last week of our transfer but it is definitely exciting to serve together and see how much we have changed since last  time. We are definitely going to be good friends for the rest of our lives. 

So St. Pete- its a little different from Tampa. More rain I think. We walk EVERYWHERE, even to the church on Sunday because its only a 45min walk. But lets just say that my feet are killing me and my shoulders are from my bag. Its pretty hot here again, will be for the rest of this month. Its a lot more sketchy over here though....there are some neighborhoods we avoid completely. The ward members are great, love the missionaries. The member list is like 4 times as big as Tampa 4 but only like 60 come to church. There is much more less-active and part-member families to work with here. Hopefully I can help to change some lives here. 

Its been a long week. I am grateful for the experiences I have had though. I really love Florida and am grateful to be here even though its hard. Its hard to go from 7 dates set in Tampa for and a packed week with lessons to St. Pete with one date set and not many lessons. But I know I can help build up the Lord's kingdom over here in St. Pete. I laughed when I was driving here because I remembered years back when my dad and I were driving up to Orlando from my Aunt Margaret's and we passed the sign for St. Petersburg. I remembered thinking "that's in Russia, not Florida"! And then dad explained to me that it is a different city. I think that Lord has a sense of humor because little did I know then that I would be here over 10 years later serving a mission. :) 

Well, I love you all and am excited to see how this first full week in St. Pete goes. My family, the Gerovacs are doing great still and I think president will  let me go to their baptism on Sept 27th. Paola emailed me and said she misses me, I love them so much! I am so blessed to have met them. I hope I can find another great prepared family here! :)

My new address is:

5714 Calais Lane St. Petersburg, Fl 33714

Please send me letters to this address now :)

Love,
Sister Morgan


 My investigator:  Anneliese

My investigator:  Dennis

 Bishop Hodges

 Gerovacs

  Shannon

I am with Sister Vanderhoff again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment