Monday, September 28, 2015

The Happiest Day of My Life!

Dear family and friends,

Wow, yesterday was the best day ever. We were able to drive up to Tampa 4 for the Gerovac's baptism. I was asked to say the opening prayer which was not a good idea because by the end of the opening hymn I was crying. Not sure if they understood my prayer. :) It was a beautiful day. I love them so much. Sad to leave but happy that they could start their new lives! Paola wants to adopt me, says she'll give me Christian's room (the baby). haha I know that I was sent to this mission to find them. 

I've been out over 8 months now. Its been slow and fast at the same time. I think I have grown a lot, at least I have in the knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ for sure. I am grateful to be here. Its definitely tough sometimes, especially now that I am just in the finding stage. We knock a lot of doors, trying to find people prepared by the Lord to receive His message. I know that this church is true and that we can find so much peace and joy in our families when they are centered around Jesus Christ. 

We had the "first session of general conference for women" or something like that. I think it changes every year... anyways, it was fantastic! I really enjoyed all the talks. You can watch them at lds.org if you missed them or are interested. It is a meeting where all the speakers pray and ask Heavenly Father what they need to tell the women of the world today to help them personally. To strengthen our faith and hope and love. Its truly a blessing to be able to hear from the leaders of the church every year, twice a year. 

I'm sorry I don't have much time this week. I love you all. I know that I am where I am suppose to be right now. I need to be better at sharing my testimony with others. Its not easy for me to share with people how I feel, its something that takes a lot of trust. But I trust in my Heavenly Father. I know that His message is true. So my confidence is in Him, not myself. I love my Father in Heaven. I encourage everyone to share what they know to be true with others. Don't hide your faith. Do something today to show God that you love Him more than the things of the world. He loves us so much. We need to show that love to those around us. 1 John 4:7-9. 

Love,

Sister Morgan

The Gerovac family at their baptism! September 27, 2015  Such a sweet, happy day! :)
Sister Packer and Sister Morgan with the Gerovac family.

No comments:

Post a Comment