Monday, April 25, 2016

Sweat: Remember Me?

Hello folks,

Yes, its the time of year again where I complain about the heat. This week wasn't TOO bad, but we definitely have had some sweaty moments already! 

I forgot to bring my journal today so I will try to remember what I can. 

We did great this week with our key indicators. We taught many lessons and had a bunch of referrals. Right now we have 4 people with dates set to be baptized. One is Ryleigh, a 9 year old from a part-member family. It has been a lot of fun to learn how to teach kids. This will prepare me for my future. Her and her sister, Miranda who is 8, are a lot of energy. We use primary songs and other ideas to do simple, spiritual lessons. They will be baptized next month. 

This ward is going to make me fat. We have been given a ton of junk food and sugar by the members here the past few weeks and we are trying to get rid of it too! This week we are eating healthy. The downfall of living in our Condo is that we don't have a gym, but its also a good thing because all we do every morning is run. My calves are looking good. Plus after the mission I won't have a gym every morning to go to so I am learning how to exercise without one. 

On Thursday, we went out with our Relief Society President, Sister Nelson, for some visits of new move-ins in the ward. She is very funny, giving us many southern words. "Soda, not pop" and "gator bate" and "I'm fixin' to do some laundry" and shopping carts here are called "buggies". She is also a very strong woman and a good example, has been through a lot. 

We've mostly been tracting all week, finding. Life of a missionary. 

The ward had a spaghetti dinner fundraiser for the boy scouts. They have to pay a lot to go to camp so we went so we could mingle with members and get to know the ward. They had a dessert auction at the end. It was funny to see the little deacons up there saying "15 dollars, do I hear 20, 20, 20, anybody have 20?" It was adorable.

It definitely hasn't been easy to adjust to this new area. There are so many bugs, especially mosquitoes. Yuck. But it reminds me of Oregon with how beautiful it is and the green fields. I like this ward, everyone supports each other. 

I want to testify this week of the importance of reading the Book of Mormon and confirming your testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith. We meet so many people out here that say they believe everything but Joseph Smith. Huh? Everything in our church are fruits of Joseph Smith being called a prophet. We wouldn't have temples, prophets, the Book of Mormon, the priesthood, or our huge service emphasis, without him and the knowledge that this is Jesus Christ's church. Read the BoM, pray to know it's true, and when you receive that spiritual confirmation, you will know that he truly was a prophet and an honorable man. I know he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, that it goes hand in hand with the Bible. I know that this church is the only church with the priesthood authority that can heal, baptize, and bless lives. I am so grateful to be a part of it.

Love, 
Sister Morgan
 Me

 Sis J and I at our Relief Society activity

 Ryleigh, Caden, Miranda

Banana Plant

 This is mostly for Allison, but off our street is a gated community that had the Parade of Homes going on! 
 They were mansions and so pretty.




 This is the city I live in, "Where the past feeds the future"

 There are more "southerners" here than my previous areas. 
And a billion churches, all of them with signs with funny sayings on them!

 Our area....sketchy

This is a trumpet tree. 
They are illegal to plant because they are used to make some illegal drug. Yep. 

 These are very random. Sister Judkins wanted a picture of me pumping gas? 
Maybe for my Oregonian friends.... 

.... and then we found a banana plant in front of a house we were knocking on! 
Naturally, I had to take a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment