Monday, April 20, 2015

Another Week in the Mission

Tomorrow marks 3 months of being on a mission. Not sure how I feel about this. 1/6 of my mission is done. While I feel like I've been out forever, its still gone pretty fast. One of my favorite sisters is going home next week, Sister Chadwick from Idaho Falls. She reminds me of Ellen a little. Its just crazy how life goes on!

I made stroganoff on Monday and it was yummy. This week I have some actual meals planned too for the slow cooker mostly. I miss cooking!!!! I am still considering culinary arts when I get back. But I have also found that I am my father's daughter and I love the outdoors more than I thought! Every minute we are inside I just want to be outside. I love biking, I am so much happier than when we were in the car. I have made some goals for continuing exercise and outdoor adventures when I get back. :) 

Mom and dad-thank you for your letters, I will try to write back today! 

Not too many lessons this week, most of them were cancelled. We were only able to see Mary and Silvio once but they are still doing well. We have been told that we are not on "full-bike" but we are on "full-foot". We are suppose to walk as much as we can and use bike when we have to. Our apartment is way far south from everyone in our ward so we still bike mostly. We tried walking home from church and it took us 5 hours!!! Haven't walked that much since trek! ;) 

Frozen hot chocolate is really good. Sister Vanderhoff knows how to make a mean one. We ate at Firehouse subs on Thursday! I think that's where Trevor liked going. It is so good. Chicken bacon ranch-yum! Hey, I can afford to eat out every once in a while when I exercise hardcore for 45 mins every morning and then bike or walk all day everyday!

Anyone have suggestions on sleeping? I can fall asleep but then I wake up every hour basically during the night. Not fun when you are only allowed 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night. 

Ran into some surfer dude who told us about how "he found Jesus", was quite entertaining but hey, at least he has faith! 

Does anyone know, or can tell me if President Clark is still the president of BYU-Idaho? 

Miracles happen everyday, you just have to look for them. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I can be with my family forever, even after death. I know that once we are baptized that isn't the end, we still have to keep our covenants and promises with God. If we truly love our families we will want to keep our covenants because if we don't, we can't be with them. I have seen how families have been torn apart when kids and such have gone astray. It is so heart-breaking. I know that we are happiest when as families we love each other and serve each other, but also are centered around Jesus Christ and his teachings. Go to church. Pray. Read the scriptures. This is spiritual CPR. I know that families are the most important thing in this life and the next. I can't wait until I can have a family of my own to apply what I have learned here on my mission about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Let us all strive to be a little bit better everyday. Remember those times you have felt the spirit and have let your testimonies grow. Don't forget. It is easy to forget. 

When I think of being separated from family, I think of Alma 17:13. Read this please. I know I am doing the work of the Lord. I am a representative of Jesus Christ. I am here because I know my family can be together forever-even after death. I want to share how I know this is true with those around me here in Tampa, Florida because I know that they too can be reunited with their family after death. I love you all,

Sister Morgan

P.S. I only took one picture this week, sorry! Package from my Aunt Kayalauna. 


No comments:

Post a Comment