Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day

Hey family,

This week will be short because its a holiday and there isn't a place to write really- we are at the church and sharing a computer.

Quick overview:

We had a zone conference on Wednesday that was fantastic. President and his wife spoke, along with the other people in the mission presidency. I am trying to get better at opening my mouth and not letting anyone pass by on the street. Everyone needs the gospel of Jesus Christ and I may be their only chance to hear about it while on this Earth. So many people have something missing in their life- they can feel it- and I know that this is the missing piece- the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the Earth today, the fullness of the gospel is found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We have a living prophet who receives modern revelation from God to help us follow the right path that leads back to Him. 

I have officially been here 4 months. Not very long, but still feels pretty long. Crazy. 

I got hit by a car but don't worry, they only got my back tire, I didn't even fall off. So that's exciting. 

It is super hot- 90s now and not cooling off. But oh does it pour. We were biking home Saturday night and it just starting hailing and pouring down rain and by the time we got to the nearest shelter- gas station store- we were completely soaked. Never been so wet in my life. Okay, that's not true but it was still very wet. 

I am grateful for the packages you sent me and Aunt Sandra sent me for my birthday. I am going to be 20. Holy cow. Where does the time go?

I have been reminded this week that the Lord's church is perfect, his gospel is perfect. But the people in the church are not perfect. Remember this. Why do you go to church? Or why do you not go to church? If its because someone has offended you then you need to remember why you are there. You are there because you want to take the sacrament, because you care more of what God thinks of you, than what the world thinks of you. I challenge everyone to keep the Sabbath day holy this next Sunday. 

Love you all,

Sister Morgan

Sorry, no pics this week, can't upload them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment