Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy Fourth of July!

Dear family and friends,

I hope you all had a happy Independence Day! Isn't it weird we say "Happy Fourth of July"? We don't say happy Twenty-fifth of December...weird.

This week was hard.

You want to know why? Well, there comes a point on your mission (usually, actually definitely, more than once) that you get tested. This last week was difficult companion-wise. It came to a point that we just had to sit down and talk and make a list of things we both were going to do to improve our relationship. Companion unity is important as missionaries. To share the gospel, you have to have the Spirit and you cannot have the Spirit if there is contention. We know there are things we are to learn from each other, that is why the Lord wanted us to be companions. Does it make it easier? No. But is it possible for us to learn from each other? Yes. So I am going to get through this and try my best to make my weaknesses become strengths. 

Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting at church. I actually went up and bore my testimony. I know this shouldn't sound shocking, I'm a missionary - don't I bear my testimony everyday? Yes, but I don't bear it in front of large amounts of people ,ever. I decided this time to clear my mind and not even have a back-up testimony in my mind as I went up there. I just said what I felt, gratitude for my family, testified that God loves us and knows us individually, things like that. It felt good. 

I am itching my legs like crazy these days...so many mosquito bites....something you don't think about because you have never had to wear skirts all day everyday! 

We had a zone training on Tuesday, an official one where President talked to us. And guess what? I was asked to play the piano at it! I was nervous because there were so many missionaries there and it was so formal but, guess what? I prayed and I did fine! It was truly a miracle. And guess what else? We are now suppose to be in by 9pm for safety reasons and because all of us are obedient to getting up at 6am, so the idea is that we will be in bed by 10pm so we can get a full 8 hours of sleep. Its been nice. 

I've been trying a new diet this week of sandwiches and cereal, super boring but hey, it was the last week of the month. :)

President Cusick surprised us by inviting us to lunch on Thursday. We ate at a place called Ballyhoo with them and the other Sisters. It was really good, a nice Florida seafood place (I had fish tacos). It was funny because we were expecting President and Sister Cusick to have like a specific reason of meeting with us but it turns out that they just wanted to eat with us and get to know us. Needless to say, it was weird. I love them both so much though, they truly care about us. 

Well, in closing of this email letter thingymajig I want to bear my testimony of my love for this country. I am grateful to live in a country where I can practice freedom of speech and freedom of religion. I know this country was prepared by God and that it was prepared for the gospel of Jesus Christ to be restored on it by the prophet Joseph Smith. It could not have been restored in any other country at that time. I know that everything is done in the Lord's timing. He will bless us as we trust in Him and have patience. Patience. Something that does not run in my family (sorry family) and is something I am trying to be better at. I have come to find how much the Lord knows us - our strengths and our weaknesses. Trials will come, it is inevitable, but through our faith and diligence in living the standards of the gospel, praying, reading our scriptures, coming to church, we can make it through our trials and even still be happy and have peace - wouldn't that be nice? :) 

I love you all, thanks for supporting me, write me letters please!!!

Sister Morgan

P.S. I am grateful for Elder Packer and everything he has done for us as members and the church as a whole. He will be missed. :( Go read his last talk if you haven't yet, I know it was hard to understand him when he was talking at General Conference, but it is a great talk. Remember a kiss and a cookie for your marriages. :)

Sorry, this week is lame with pictures but here are a few anyways!

 Me!

If you look a little closer you can see a raccoon hiding! :)

 So here is a pretty big house on the bay by where we live

 Storm coming- thunder and lightning...always. Getting over my fear!
Sister Missionary picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment