Monday, August 31, 2015

The Day I've Been Dreading....

Transfers.

Yep. The day has come. I AM BEING TRANSFERRED OUT OF TAMPA 4. 

:( It doesn't feel real. I am packing up everything I have and moving on Wednesday. I don't know where I am going. I don't know who my new companion will be. I won't be here for my investigators' baptisms. It is very sad. 

On the other hand, I know that this is the Lord's work and that wherever he puts me is where I need to be. There are certain people I need to find in different places. I have been extremely fortunate to stay here as long as I have- 7 months, over 1/3 of my mission! I have no reason to complain honestly. Its just hard because my family, the Gerovacs, are all getting baptized next month and I have been there from the beginning- we tracted into them. I love them and they love me, they call us their angel daughters. haha Every time we pray they ask God to not send me away. So its really hard. :( I hope I will be able to come back for their baptism on Sept 27th. They are one of the reasons I was sent to Tampa, I know it. Chris, the dad, didn't believe in God when we met them. Now he not only believes in him, but he knows that He is a big part of his life and now desires intensely to be baptized. It has been truly amazing. I will miss them. 

I guess there's suppose to be a tropical depression named Erica coming to Tampa today. Hopefully I don't get flooded. :) 

Sister Packer and I were on fire this week. We met our "Standard of Excellence" for our mission, we taught 20 lessons!!!!! Super busy. Just the way I like it. I am happiest when I am being productive and working hard to bring people to Christ. Its funny how right when you are starting to get the hang of things with your companion and seeing the blessings of your work that God decides to switch things up. But hey, "there's no growth in a comfort zone, and no comfort in a growth zone"! (You've got that right). I have experienced this firsthand. If you think about it, life is all about change. The church is all about change. If we were the same all the time, there would be no reason for us to be here. We are here to be tested, to gain experience, to choose between right and wrong. We have consequences for everything. I can tell you that yes, change is hard. But in the end, we are happier when we are changing and especially after we have changed. 

Next week I'll be in a new area. I am guessing Venice or Lakeland but I have no idea really. So I will send my new address on Monday. 

One of my favorite "Mormon Messages" is called "Mountains to Climb". If you know of anyone who is struggling, I'd invite you to show them this video. We showed it to an investigator, Shannon, who has gone through some pretty terrible things in her life and recently. She cried when she watched it and expressed to us her desire to change, be happy, and even to be baptized. It is a powerful video that shows we all have mountains to climb in life- death of a child, being paralyzed, not knowing how you will pay the bills, etc. but we can always turn to God and ask for help. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Don't give up. 

Well, this was a long one. I forgot my journal or I'd write more about my lessons. I am so grateful to be here in Tampa, Florida. I love it. Thank you for all your support.

Love, 
Sister Morgan


Our group at the Orlando Temple!




No comments:

Post a Comment