Monday, November 2, 2015

Sickness, Halloween, and Candles

Dear Family and friends,

Well its been a less fruitful week. 

I was sick most of the week with a head cold and so of course no one wanted us to come teach them or knock on their doors....so I was forced to stay inside for two of the days. And let me tell you- it is hard to be inside all day for two days in a row!!! So I slept and we watched The Restoration, The Legacy, and I'm A Mormon videos....yep, life of a sick missionary. :) I am better now, just a runny nose. Poor Sister Judkins had to stay in too but she didn't get sick so that's good. I am hoping that the sleep I got will last me for the rest of my mission but I have a feeling my body just needed to shut down and catch up on sleep for the last 9 months...

We had our ward trunk or treat on Sat, along with a chili cook off. It was a lot of fun, we talked to many people and invited SO many people to it. But everyone has their agency, all we can do as members and missionaries is invite. Its our purpose- to invite others to come unto Christ. 

I got a good-smelling candle this week that reminds me of the Fall season. I can't believe it the holidays already. Sister Judkins thinks I'm weird because I can just smell and stare at lighted candles for forever. I love this time of year, the weather is getting a little bit cooler here but not much. Its like 85 and 90% humidity... its great! :) 

I love Peggy, my recent convert, so much. She truly is amazing. It matters much more to me to eventually leave the mission with a few strong converts than to baptize the world and have none of them endure to the end. She is reading everyday and is progressing towards the temple. 

We had a cool experience last night. We were tracting and the first house that we knocked on, a man said we could pray with him. Then we taught him all of the restoration on his doorstep and now have a return appointment with him. We asked him if he found out that Jesus Christ's original church that He established was on the Earth again, would he want to be a part of it? He said yes. We are excited to teach him and help him progress towards baptism. 

I know that this church is true. We have a living prophet and apostles today who lead and guide Jesus Christ's church. I know that God loves us and give us revelation today. I am grateful for the priesthood and the blessing we receive from it. I know it is important for us to go to church weekly so we can partake of the sacrament, which cleans us and gives us a spiritual boost for the next week. I love hearing my friends being called on missions, it is so fantastic! They are hard, but they will prepare you for the rest of your life. 

I love you all,

Sister Morgan 
 Us by the bay

For Friday fun night we soaked our feet in listerine...pinterest idea



Ward Halloween Party, I went as Sister Judkins and she as me!

 A lady from last week's senior community event

Fun palm tree


 Peggy in her cute costume!


Sister Smith and I, my favorite senior couple sister missionary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment