Monday, December 7, 2015

"There's a Mormon in my cupboard!

Dear family and friends,

Title of the week come from Peggy, she had a Glenn Beck book in her cupboard and she didn't know he was Mormon, she thought that was great!

Best news this week: I can listen to all Christmas music! It is such a blessing, we are in the spirit of Christmas now! :) There was a Christmas Devotional last night (see lds.org) and it was beautiful! Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang throughout it. We went to Sister Erbel's house for it, and made sugar cookies before hand. It was a lot of fun, and nice to sit on a couch. Don't get to do that often on the mission since we don't have any in our apartments. 

It was my half birthday this week... December 3rd! I also hit my year mark of when I opened my mission call!! Crazy. It seems like forever ago and also not very long at the same time. Sister Judkins hit her 9 month mark on Friday, so we celebrated and went to Flippers pizza! It was yummy :)

We had a zone conference on Tuesday with the St. Petersburg stake and Tampa stake. We received training on how to change and become better missionaries. One talk that stood out to me to read afterwards is "Good, better, best" by Elder Oaks. I would encourage all of you to read it! 

I bore my testimony yesterday at church...I was nervous but glad I did it. I need to be better about sharing my testimony with the members in the ward I currently serve in. 

We are going to the Holocaust museum in downtown St. Pete today with the Sisters serving in Seminole. It is one of the largest in the U.S., I think second to the Washington D.C. one. I am so excited, I love the history of WWII and especially Germany. I will send pics next week. 

Investigator Update:

Shannon- didn't move yet. We walked with her to the church for a tour and a lesson. She does well with all her commitments except church but she'll be moving soon so we contacted the elders where she is moving. She had a ton of w.o.w. problems but nothing that can't be fixed without a little exercise of faith!

Alain- he loves the social aspect of the Gospel, but isn't really keeping all of his commitments. We aren't sure what to do since the ward is really excited about him. More new TBA.

Mark- Was in the hospital and his phone broke. So we haven't been able to teach him and he wasn't able to bike to church.

We have a few new investigators but if they are solid I'll talk about them next week. 

The YW in my ward had their Young Woment in Excellence this week. It brought back good memories, I really miss Young Women's. I was their example because I was wearing my medallion. I was blessed to have great leaders growing up. :) 

Saturday night we changed up our finding method a little and went to a festival thing in Pinellas Park. There was a small concert going on and a bunch of little booths selling things. (Kind of like the one we would walk to by Aunt Margaret's on Anna Maria Island). Members in our ward had a booth we visited. Then we went to other booths and talked to the people running them, had nice conversations and gave them a Christmas pass-along card for A Savior is Born. 

Nothing too exciting, if there was then I probably forgot it. My memory is getting worse and worse our there. :( I can't even write in my journal for the day before! Oh well. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I am grateful for my Savior who has allowed me to change and become more of the person I want to be. I know God loves us and that he desires for us to communicate with him through prayer. Keep praying, even when you aren't sure that someone is listening. He is. I love you all,

Love, 
Sister Morgan 
 Me

 Sister Judkins and I



Sister Erbel and I! We went to her home last night for the Christmas Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment